Investigation into alleged kidnapping of foreign women in Lahore continues
Story so far
Police in Lahore have arrested four suspects in connection with the alleged kidnapping, extortion, and assault of two foreign women, with new details suggesting the incident stemmed from a dispute over cryptocurrency investments. According to preliminary findings, the victims and the main accused, Raza Dar, were previously connected through business dealings. The women were reportedly lured to Pakistan with promises of high returns on crypto investments.
Latest updates
Lahore Police are investigating a case involving the alleged kidnapping of foreign women in the city.
According to available information, the Punjab Police are also involved in the investigation. Reports suggest that an "influential figure" is under scrutiny in connection with the case, and that a "last message" from the women is part of the ongoing inquiry.
Pakistan News will update this story as more confirmed details become available.
In a new development, Rana Sanaullah has issued a statement concerning the case involving the alleged kidnapping and assault of two foreign women in Lahore.
In a press conference on July 5, Lahore's DIG Operations, Faisal Kamran, provided an update on the investigation into the alleged kidnapping and assault of two foreign women.
During a press interaction regarding the case, DIG Operations Faisal Kamran reportedly expressed outrage in response to a question from a reporter.
In a new development in the case involving the alleged assault of two foreign women in Lahore, new footage has emerged. The footage reportedly shows the main suspect, Raza Dar, transporting the women to the airport.
Additionally, available reports indicate that Rana Sanaullah has issued a statement concerning the incident, while new claims are said to be surfacing as the investigation continues.
During a press conference regarding the case, DIG Faisal Kamran reportedly walked out after facing a backlash from journalists. The conference was intended to provide an investigation update on the kidnapping and assault of two foreign women in Lahore.
In the latest development, DIG Faisal Kamran held a press conference regarding the case involving the foreign women. During the briefing, he is said to have made significant revelations. Reports also indicate that the DIG walked out of the press conference after being asked tough questions by journalists.
New developments have emerged in the investigation into the alleged kidnapping of two foreign women in Lahore, as the reported leak of a Section 164 statement has raised questions. DIG Operations Faisal Kamran has publicly reacted to the matter, responding to a journalist's question about whether the police conducted the rescue of the women. He also revealed further key details about the ongoing investigation.
In a press conference on Sunday, Lahore's Deputy Inspector General (DIG) of Operations, Faisal Kamran, provided new details regarding the alleged kidnapping and assault of two foreign women, one from Venezuela and the other from the Netherlands. He stated that four more individuals have been detained for questioning, in addition to the five suspects already in custody. The main suspects, including Muhammad Raza Dar, remain on physical remand.
The DIG confirmed that the Punjab Chief Minister has directed the case to be handled strictly on merit. The first information report (FIR) was registered against five suspects, including Raza Dar, who the police identified as the grandson of Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Ishaq Dar.
Detailing the investigation, DIG Kamran said the two women arrived in Lahore on June 29 and were allegedly abducted shortly after. Investigators used the Safe City surveillance network to track a vehicle used in the incident, which was seen travelling on the motorway towards Sargodha. He added that the first ransom-related call was received on July 1 from a man identified as Carlos, who also informed police that Spanish authorities had been alerted. On the same day, the Safe City Authority received an emergency call about the incident.
Police used mobile phone records, vehicle information, and location data to trace and arrest four individuals on July 2. According to the investigation, Raza Dar was later driving the two women towards the airport when an altercation occurred near Bhatta Chowk, causing the vehicle to crash. The women escaped and took refuge in a nearby filter house, where police located and rescued them.
A press conference held by Lahore's Deputy Inspector General (DIG) of Operations, Faisal Kamran, regarding the case of the two foreign women reportedly ended in chaos. Available reports indicate that the DIG faced difficult questions from journalists and chants of "shame, shame" were heard. He was also questioned about a potential resignation and why the case was not transferred to the CCD. The press conference concluded with Faisal Kamran walking out.
Lahore's Deputy Inspector General (DIG) of Operations, Faisal Kamran, held a press conference on Sunday to provide details on the case involving two foreign women.
He discussed the rescue operation and the ongoing investigation into their alleged kidnapping. During the press conference, DIG Kamran also responded to questions from journalists regarding a reported raid on a magistrate's house in connection with the case.
Lahore's Deputy Inspector General (DIG) of Operations, Faisal Kamran, stated on Sunday, July 5, that a suspect in the abduction and assault case of two foreign women, who is reportedly linked to a senior government minister, will be treated like any other criminal. The DIG's comments were made during a press conference regarding the ongoing investigation.
In an update on the case involving the alleged kidnapping and assault of two foreign women in Lahore, DIG Faisal Kamran held a press conference to share details of the investigation.
Additionally, reports confirm the arrest of a suspect known as "Boss" in connection with the case.
According to the latest information, the main suspect in the high-profile assault and kidnapping case is still at large.
In a new development regarding the Lahore kidnapping case, Aqeel Malik has suggested that the investigation be handed over to the Punjab Counter-Terrorism Department (CCD).
In an update to the investigation, police have recorded the statements of the two foreign women who were allegedly kidnapped and assaulted in Lahore.
Further details have emerged in the investigation into the alleged kidnapping and assault of two foreign women in Lahore. Reports on July 4 suggest that the main accused, Raza Dar, was in contact with an unidentified individual referred to as "the boss."
Additionally, questions have been raised regarding alleged contradictions between official police statements and the available facts of the case.
In a new development on July 4, Azhar Siddique has issued a statement regarding the investigation into the assault of two foreign women in Lahore, questioning whether the police have been subjected to external pressure. The case is also being described as a significant test for the country's justice system.
More arrests have reportedly been made in Lahore in connection with the case involving two foreign women. Separately, the case has taken a political turn, with reports indicating that Ikhtiar Wali has brought the PTI into the debate surrounding the investigation.
Further developments in the Lahore case involving the alleged kidnapping and assault of two foreign women include the addition of a gang-rape allegation, according to available reports. The case has also drawn political attention, with claims of interference to protect the suspects. On July 4, Rana Sanaullah made a statement defending a political leader in connection with the investigation.
In a new development on July 4, a medical report concerning the two foreign women has been released, which available reports describe as a "major twist" in the case. The specific details of the report's findings have not yet been made public.
Separately, Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz has reportedly issued strict orders regarding the investigation.
In a new development in the case involving two foreign women in Lahore, available reports suggest that one of the initially named accused, Raza Dar, may not have been involved.
This turn of events has raised new questions regarding the initial claims made by the Punjab Police during the investigation.
In a new development in the case involving the alleged assault of two foreign women in Lahore, statements have been recorded under Section 164 of the Code of Criminal Procedure.
Further developments in the case of two foreign women in Lahore indicate that the number of suspects taken into custody has now risen to five. According to available information, questions have also emerged regarding the identity of an individual referred to as the "Boss" in connection with the case.
In a further development, police have reportedly detained four more suspects in connection with the Lahore kidnapping and assault case. Meanwhile, questions are also being raised about alleged contradictions in the statements provided by the two foreign women.
Further arrests have been made in the Lahore case involving the alleged assault and extortion of two foreign women, as the investigation continues. Additionally, new reports indicate that a "shocking revelation" has emerged from the foreign women involved in the case, though specific details remain unconfirmed.
In a new development in the Lahore case involving two foreign women, the second victim has now recorded her statement before a judicial magistrate under Section 164 of the Code of Criminal Procedure.
In a sworn statement recorded before a judicial magistrate, the two foreign women—a Dutch national and a Venezuelan citizen—provided a detailed account of their ordeal. The women stated they arrived in Pakistan on June 26, 2026, after meeting the primary suspect, Raza Dar, in Singapore in October 2025 for a cryptocurrency-related business venture.
According to the testimony, they were taken to a house in Lahore on June 29 under the pretext of a birthday party. Upon arrival, four armed men reportedly entered, tied their hands, and physically assaulted them. The victims alleged that Dar initially pretended to be a fellow captive before his involvement became clear. The captors demanded a ransom of nearly $1.5 million.
The case was registered on July 2 at Lahore’s Defence C police station under sections 365-A (kidnapping for ransom) and 375-A (gang rape) of the Pakistan Penal Code. The rescue operation was initiated after the father of one of the victims contacted Pakistani authorities through an emergency helpline.
Four suspects—Muhammad Raza Dar, Hassan Raza, Sikandar Khan, and Sajid Ali—have been arrested and are on a five-day physical remand. Police are searching for a fifth suspect. Investigators are also looking into a figure referred to by the victims as the “boss,” who has not yet been publicly identified.
Further developments have been reported in the case involving the alleged abduction and assault of two foreign women in Lahore. A case has now been filed against a relative of the Deputy Prime Minister in connection with the incident.
Additionally, available reports indicate that a medical report has been prepared by Lahore Police and a recorded statement has emerged as part of the ongoing investigation.
In a new development in the Lahore kidnapping case, one of the foreign women, identified as Astrid Gabriela Robinson, has recorded her statement before a magistrate's court. The case involves allegations of kidnapping and extortion against the main accused, Raza Dar.
A Dutch and a Venezuelan woman have allegedly been abducted in Lahore in a case reportedly linked to a cryptocurrency investment scam.
Separately, available reports mention a rape allegation involving a foreign woman in a case that is said to have taken a new turn, though further details remain unclear.
In a recent development in the case involving the kidnapping and alleged assault of two foreign women in Lahore, one of the victims has recorded her statement before a magistrate under Section 164 of the Code of Criminal Procedure.
In a new development, the two foreign women who were the subject of an alleged assault and kidnapping case in Lahore have left Pakistan for their home country.
Separately, Rana Sanaullah has also issued a statement regarding the case.
In new developments related to the case of two foreign women in Lahore, Senator Faisal Vawda has reportedly made a public revelation about the incident. Separately, a court is said to have issued a verdict in the matter. The specific details of the revelation and the court's decision were not immediately available.
Further details have emerged in the case involving two foreign women in Lahore, with available reports now indicating that the allegations include sexual assault in addition to kidnapping and extortion.
In a new development, the Station House Officer (SHO) of the relevant police station has been suspended in connection with the case involving the alleged kidnapping and assault of two foreign women in Lahore.
Further developments in the investigation into the kidnapping and assault of two foreign women in Lahore indicate that authorities have found evidence of cryptocurrency transactions related to the case.
A court has granted a five-day physical remand for the suspects, including main accused Raza Dar, in the case involving the alleged assault and kidnapping of two foreign women in Lahore.
Comments