Trump says Iran talks stalled but could resume at any time
At a glance
- US President Trump says talks with Iran are stalled but could resume.
- A US naval blockade in the region remains in effect.
- Tensions persist over control of the Strait of Hormuz.
Story so far
Tensions between the US and Iran escalated after Washington imposed a naval blockade and rejected Tehran's demands to lift sanctions for reopening the Strait of Hormuz. The demands were part of the 'Islamabad Memorandum of Understanding'. Initially, US President Donald Trump ruled out negotiations, but on August 19, he stated that while talks are currently stalled, they could resume at any time.
Latest development
US President Donald Trump has stated that while negotiations with Iran are currently stalled, they could resume at any time, suggesting a potential shift from his previous hardline stance of ruling out talks.
Latest updates
United States President Donald Trump on Wednesday indicated a potential shift in his administration's stance towards Iran, stating that while negotiations are currently stalled, they could resume at any time.
This marks a change from his previous position of ruling out talks with Tehran amid heightened tensions over the Strait of Hormuz and a US naval blockade in the region.
United States President Donald Trump has ruled out negotiations with Iran and stated that the US naval blockade in the region will be maintained, according to reports on Wednesday.
The statement follows the expiration of a 60-day understanding and comes after Iran presented a list of demands for reopening the Strait of Hormuz, which included the lifting of the blockade and oil sanctions.
In a new statement, Iranian Parliament Speaker Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf warned that internal discord and divisions weaken the country and encourage external enemies to take action against Iran. He urged the Iranian people to maintain national unity to thwart what he described as external conspiracies aimed at creating unrest and instability.
In a new development, Iran has proposed controlling maritime traffic in the Strait of Hormuz and charging fees for passage, according to available reports.
Sources and updates
Trump: Talks with Iran Could Resume at Any Time
US Actions Intensify Amid Naval Blockade Against Iran | US-Iran War | Breaking News | Suno News HD
Negotiations with Iran Are Currently Stalled, Says US President Trump | Breaking News | Suno News HD
Donald Trump Rules Out Iran Negotiations, Maintains Naval Blockade | SAMAA TV
9 more verified sources
- Iran Gives US a List of Demands to Reopen Strait of Hormuz - Breaking News - 24 News HD24 News HD - Youtube
- ایران نے آبنائے ہرمز کھولنے کیلئے امریکا کے سامنے مطالبات رکھ دیئےNawai Waqt
- Iran Proposes Controlling Maritime Traffic in Strait of Hormuz, Charging Fees | Breaking NewsARY News - Youtube
- Iran Gives US List of Demands to Reopen Strait of Hormuz! Major Twist | Iran US War | Suno News HDSuno News - Youtube
- Iran Gives US List of Demands to Reopen Strait of Hormuz | Major Development | Dunya NewsDunya News - Youtube
- Iran Gives US List of Demands to Reopen Strait of Hormuz, Bagher Ghalibaf - 24 News HD24 News HD - Youtube
- Baqir Qalibaf’s Strong Warning to America! Iran Sends a Tough Message | Suno News HDSuno News - Youtube
- ایران نے آبنائے ہُرمُز کھولنے کیلئے امریکا کو مطالبات کی فہرست تھما دیNawai Waqt
- Iran Sets Conditions for Reopening Strait of Hormuz, Hands List to US | Latest Breaking NewsCapital TV - Youtube
Responses