US and Iran to hold talks in Doha
The United States and Iran have agreed to hold talks in Doha, according to reports from June 30.
The discussions are reportedly aimed at addressing the ongoing crisis in the Middle East.
Pakistan News will update this story as more confirmed details become available.
Latest Updates
Updated: 7:39 PM PKT — June 30, 2026
Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F) chief Maulana Fazal-ur-Rehman met with Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari on Tuesday, June 30.
Following their meeting, the two leaders held a joint media talk. The details of their discussions were not immediately available.
Pakistan News will update this story as more confirmed details become available.
Updated: 6:31 PM PKT — June 30, 2026
Iran’s foreign ministry on Tuesday warned of an “immediate and decisive response” to any US violation of the memorandum of understanding aimed at ending the war in the Middle East. Spokesperson Esmaeil Baqaei stated that any act of aggression would be a violation of the agreement and would create difficulties for the continuation of the diplomatic process.
Baqaei clarified that an Iranian technical delegation’s visit to Doha is unrelated to the US delegation’s presence and that no meeting is scheduled between the two sides. He said the Iranian team is in Qatar to review the implementation of existing arrangements, not to hold new talks.
Updated: 4:20 PM PKT — June 30, 2026
Qatar’s Foreign Ministry on June 30 confirmed that US envoys Steve Witkoff and Jared Kushner are in Doha. A ministry spokesperson clarified that the envoys are scheduled to hold talks with mediators and that no direct discussions with Iranian officials are planned.
The Qatari official also stated that $6 billion in frozen Iranian assets held in the country have not yet been released, adding that any transfer of funds is tied to the overall progress of diplomatic discussions.
Separately, an Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesperson said Tehran’s focus is on implementing a previously reached Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the US. The spokesperson stated that an Iranian expert delegation is in Doha to oversee progress on the agreement, not to engage in new negotiations. According to the official, Iran is monitoring the execution of US waivers for its oil exports, which were issued under the MoU, and is also pressing for the release of its frozen financial assets.
Updated: 3:12 PM PKT — June 30, 2026
In a significant development on June 30, reports emerged that Iran has denied that any talks are taking place in Doha. This follows earlier information that both US and Iranian delegations were in the Qatari capital for indirect discussions facilitated by mediators.
Updated: 2:03 PM PKT — June 30, 2026
Delegations from the United States and Iran are meeting with mediators separately in Doha, Qatar, on June 30. The development clarifies that direct talks are not taking place, following earlier reports that both sides had dispatched teams to the Qatari capital while Iran denied plans for direct negotiations.
Updated: 12:19 PM PKT — June 30, 2026
On June 30, negotiators from the United States and Iran departed for Doha, Qatar, though the status of any direct meeting remains uncertain. Iran’s Foreign Ministry spokesperson, Esmaeil Baghaei, dismissed reports of imminent talks, stating that while an Iranian technical delegation would be in Qatar, the visit was unrelated to any planned engagement with US representatives. He asserted, “We will not have any negotiation meetings at any level with the American side in the coming days.”
Meanwhile, the US administration is expected to send a delegation led by presidential envoy Steve Witkoff and senior adviser Jared Kushner. Despite Iran’s official denial, reports indicate that discussions involving mediators from Qatar and Pakistan could take place later this week. These talks are expected to focus on reducing tensions in the Strait of Hormuz, where disruptions have pushed global oil prices above $100 per barrel.
The conflicting statements have raised doubts about a 14-point memorandum of understanding reached on June 17, under which both countries had agreed to a 60-day pause in hostilities.
Updated: 11:18 AM PKT — June 30, 2026
The White House on June 30 confirmed that high-level talks between the United States and Iran are scheduled to take place in Qatar. This confirmation follows a day of conflicting statements from Washington and Tehran regarding the possibility of such a meeting.
Updated: 10:11 AM PKT — June 30, 2026
In a subsequent firm statement on June 30, Iran has ruled out negotiations with the United States. This follows earlier conflicting reports about potential talks being held in Doha.
Updated: 9:37 AM PKT — June 30, 2026
Conflicting statements have emerged from Washington and Tehran regarding potential talks in Doha. US President Donald Trump claimed that Iran had requested negotiations and that talks were expected in Doha on June 30.
However, Iran’s Foreign Ministry spokesperson, Ismail Baqai, denied that any meeting with the US was scheduled. He stated that while an Iranian delegation would be in Doha, its purpose was to focus on implementing the clauses of a memorandum of understanding and was unrelated to any visit by US representatives. The spokesperson added that negotiations for a final agreement with the US have not yet begun.
Separately, Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian said that if the United States adheres to the memorandum of understanding, Iran will also fulfill its obligations. He also announced that $6 billion in frozen Iranian assets in Qatar would be released soon, which he said was half of a total of $12 billion.
Updated: 9:04 AM PKT — June 30, 2026
International attention is focused on Doha, Qatar, on June 30, as talks between the United States and Iran are reportedly underway.
Updated: 6:54 AM PKT — June 30, 2026
The US President has confirmed that talks between the United States and Iran are scheduled to take place in Doha on June 30. The statement from the US follows an earlier denial from Iran regarding any planned discussions.
Iran has denied reports that it was scheduled to hold talks with the United States in Doha, according to a statement on June 30.
[activity-stream-raw include=”77759,77674,77678,77534,77466,77430,77359,77221,77202,77229,77180,77111,77069,77118,77078,77022,77009,77010,77012,77021,77000,77004,76906,76888,76874,76879″ per_page=20 display_comments=0 sort=DESC]
Comments